Speech and Language Therapy
Pediatric speech and language therapy is focused on improving a child’s communication, language and speech as well as their oral-motor and feeding skills. Our speech therapists will evaluate and treat your child’s receptive and expressive language, articulation, fluency, and oral-motor control to improve their skill level and make gains in communication. We can also evaluate for augmentative communication devices as a compliment to their speech/communication development.
Some of our specialized Speech therapy services include:
- Specialized Swallowing/Feeding assessment and therapy including the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach
- VitalStim Therapy: For the treatment of Dysphagia, VitalStim is a non-invasive treatment using Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation to improve swallowing
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets): A tactile-kinesthetic approach to develop motor control and development of proper oral muscular movements. It is appropriate for children with apraxia/dyspraxia as well as a wide range of communication disorders
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing: A treatment approach for children with apraxia that uses a cueing hierarchy with decreasing levels of supports as child achieve success
- Phonological/Language assessment and interventions, using a structured literacy approach to develop language skills necessary for reading
- Lexonik and Lexonik Leap: a literacy program from the United Kingdom that dramatically and rapidly improves literacy, vocabulary and comprehension. Intervention is prescriptive, intensive and highly effective.
- Lindamood-Bell programs that focus on the sensory-cognitive processing necessary for reading and comprehension including:
- Seeing Stars (Symbol Imagery for Phonological and Orthographic Processing in Reading and Spelling
- Visualizing and Verbalizing for Language Comprehension and Thinking
- Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing Program for Reading, Spelling, and Speech (LiPS)
- On Cloud Nine Math
- Augmentative and Alternative Communication trained therapists for children who need a communicative method other than oral speech, including devices such as Tobii Dynavox, Prentke Romich, Saltillo, AbleNet, PECS, and Don Johnston products. We can also complete assessments for switch access and keyboard adaptation.
- Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT) certified speech therapists
- Specialized training with children on the Autism Spectrum